Sunday 2 October 2011

Labyrinth Park


Yesterday afternoon I took Thomas to the labyrinth park in Horta. We had to take taxis there and back as we were pushed for time. Both the taxi drivers were friendly. The first one told us about where to ride horses in Barcelona and the second one told me about St. Christopher the patron saint of drivers. He had a rosary and a picture of St. Christopher in his cab so I showed him the copy of the New Testament I carry with me at the moment to protect me and he commented that it was full of wise words. It cost 12 euros each way for the cab.

The park is really beautiful and I met Anthony there who is a business English teacher with his son Henry and we had a nice chat. I gave him Bo's card and suggested we meet for a drink sometime.

In the park we spent 25 minutes in the maze which was enough to find all the exits. When we came out Thomas found a feather on the ground. We saw an American couple who had had a picnic there and she was cutting his hair.

I can thoroughly recommend that anyone visiting Barcelona visits this park as it's one of the nicest in Barcelona.


No comments: