Wednesday 8 April 2009

El Corte Inglés

Today we went to El Corte Inglés, the English Cut, to buy some food. After battling our way past all the perfume counters and jewellery stands we dived down into the basement and set about finding some bargains. Nowhere else in Barcelona can you find Bourbon biscuits, I believe and the fish counter is fairly reasonable but they won't clean sardines for you. We also picked up some herby chicken wings and a quiche, a camembert and a tin of chilli con carne, as we can't make our own as nowhere sells red beans that I know of. Anyone know any different?

2 comments:

buzzardspaw said...

I know a place that sells (uncooked) beans and pulses very cheaply - just across the road from el Mercado del Born.

I like your photo Chris!

Steve

Christopher McColl said...

Yes but what I'm after are tins of red beans like you can buy in England or France for that matter.

Thanks to Steve for the photo.